A press lunch for a limited number of journalists will take place at CERN on 16 April 2015, starting at 12.15, in the presence of Rolf Heuer, CERN Director-General, Samuel Ting, principal investigator of the AMS experiment, William Gerstenmaier, associate administrator for NASA’s Human Exploration and Operations Directorate, and Edward Stone, physics professor at the California Institute of Technology and project scientist for NASA’s Voyager mission.
After the lunch, participants will have the opportunity to visit the AMS Operations Control Centre from 14.00 to 16.00 in the company of NASA experts.
Many researchers will be available for interview, including:
- R. Battiston, President of the Italian Space Agency,
- B. Bertucci, member of the AMS collaboration, University of Perugia,
- F. Halzen, principal investigator for the the IceCube South Pole Neutrino Observatory,
- W. Hofmann, principal investigator for the H.E.S.S 2 project in Namibia,
- P. Michelson, principal investigator for NASA’s Large Area Telescope on the Fermi spacecraft,
- A. Olinto, Chair of the Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics at the University of Chicago,
- L. Randall, theoretical physicist at Harvard University,
- M. Salamon, representative of the US Department of Energy,
- S. Sarkar, theoretical physicist at Oxford University,
- S. Schael, member of the AMS collaboration, RWTH Aachen University,
- A. Watson, Spokesperson Emeritus for the Pierre Auger Observatory in Argentina.
Please obtain accreditation from the CERN Press Office by 14 April 2015.
Interested journalists may attend the entire “AMS Days at CERN” conference on request.
Type of event